Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Visit from my Maid of Honor


I haven't been writing much lately and it's kinda bumming me out. I enjoy writing in here just haven't found the time.


A couple of weeks ago my friend/maid of honor came down. It was great seeing her. I hadn't seen her since she moved home last summer. We did bit of goofing off nothing too outragous. Went bridesmaid dress shopping. Which was fun and so much easier than i thought it would be. We only went to two stores and the first was horrible. It looked more like a bridal thrift store than anything else. But my dear Jenna humored me and tried on a couple dresses so we could get an idea or two on styles and color.


Then off to the second store. We drove out to the historic part of Conway. There really aren't many places in the area. We went into this one little boutiq and the people were so nice and helpful without being overly pushy. I hate to say it but i had a very deffinet idea of what i wanted in a dress...more specfically the color. I wanted a burnt orange, a shiny burnt orange. I know it sounds horrible but it really is nice. She tried on a couple there for me and we essentially have it narrowed to two dresses. Both by the same designer and same fabric.


Whew that was it!?! Just like that we pretty much found the dresses. I still want to run it by the other girls but it's pretty much done on that front. Now for my dress. THAT one i highly doubt will be resolved to easily. But i won't start to look until fall or so of this year.


So after we left the shop we were starving. There was a little cafe a block away so we figured we would stop in there. And i liked it. A lot. It was so plain and simple. You order a turkey sandwich and ou get turkey on bread. They had homemade potato chips and an awesome lemon pie. Wonderful for how simple it was. (that's the jenna at the cafe in the picture above)
So the rest of the visit was spent eating and shopping...i gained six pounds :( but i had a wonderful time. We went to the zoo and the bookstore more than once. On her second to last day we got fried crispy at the beach then played put put in true tourist fashion.


1 comments:

nosferatu said...

For what it's worth I like the burnt orange as well