Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And it begins






I am happy to announce that Daniel and I have set a date. October 17th 2010.
We had initial set it for October 25th this year. But for several reason (finances, moving, jobs, and planning those such things) we decided to push it back till next year.

I am going to try to take some time off at the end of May so I can go out to Asheville and him and I can go to the church and make it our official date. Then we can start planning.

I'm so excited...it feels more real now.

I had asked a friend of mine who had moved up north last year if she would be my maid of honor. I was a bit worried she wouldn't be able to what with money and traveling. I know my guests will be from out of state and its going to make it harder on some. So i knew there was a chance she would have to say no. To my surprise I came home today to a package on the door step. A book shaped package! one of the best kinds. Then i thought about it "i havent ordered a book, wait did i?" "no" "crap maybe i forgot to tell the book club no for the feature" "just open it" (that was my inner monologue..err conversation)

so i open. and its a beautiful yellowish and orange package. I open the card and it reads "DUH, I'll be your maid of honor" It put such a smile on my face. Im still giddy. I'm not a scrapbooker really, but this is a keeper. I have to atleast do a book for the wedding. Inside was "the anit-bride wedding planner"

Only shame is i cant get a hold of her on the phone to thank her and be giddy. Stupid cell phones.

Its weird how when we were planning for the wedding in six months i wasnt really in plan mood. I know part of that is that i dont want to end up being "THAT" bride, and I dont want to get pushy about things with Daniel.

Note to Daniel, if i get pushy i sorry.

But now with 18 months ahead of us im ready!!!!

2 comments:

nosferatu said...

If you get pushy, I'll push back. Hard and with great force.

From Miss to Missus said...

i'm not even responding to that, well other than this response that i am typing to tell you im not. :P