Sunday, April 5, 2009

The First Month

As of yesterday Daniel and I have now been engaged for a month. At this point we don't have a date set but are aiming for around October. Somehow i had gotten Oct 11th stuck in my head as the intended date, but nope. So we are still up in the air. I want the reception to be outdoors. So we don't want it too cold or too warm, and October is a hard month to figure out. Hopefully, when he comes next week we can get a date semi set.

But, the first month of our engagement has been pretty good, despite some personal issues. Every time I look at my ring I am reminded of how much he loves me, how much i miss him and can't wait to see him again. How much i cant wait for our lives to start together. I mean, yeah, don't get me wrong its pretty, but its so much more than that. I forgot to put it on one morning (i usually take it off at night since i scratched my face one evening) and i felt lost all day.

I know that we have a lot of challenges ahead of us. Planning a wedding and moving and jobs and such will be stressful over the next few months. As will adjusting to being married. But its something that i really look forward to. Cause for every challenge there is also a reward, and there is also a joy to counteract it. its like a two for one.

0 comments: