Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happies (trip part one)

So I meant to do this update a couple of weeks ago but between being sick and letting it all sink in i haven't had the chance.

Daniel and I went up to DC for his birthday March 3rd. We left later than had planned due to me being sick. But he was wonderful and drove most of the 8 hour trip giving me time to rest a bit more. plus I'm horrible to deal with when sick. We made it in DC around 730 or so. Then my brother and his girlfriend took us to dinner, grabbed a pizza at one of those over priced yuppish places. but it was damn good so it was worth it. The next day we woke up and left the house around 11ish to do a bit of sight-seeing with intentions to make it the Jefferson memorial. we got lunch in a cafeteria, found the metro and hopped on. when we got off at L'Efante Plaza we headed for the escalators and i froze. i had forgotten how tall the escalators are in DC and being that I'm deathly afraid of going up them, and haven't had to force myself in sometime (this part of the south doesn't really have second storeys to be in need of them) i freaked. i froze and immediately went into a panic. and this is why i love Daniel. he didn't give me crap. he said we could look for an elevator, which metro elevators are tiny and stinky. we then emerged to the surface again and i calmed.

we found out the Jefferson was farther than planned and with me still being the recovering sicky decided to walk around the mall and go to a museum. we started off walking around the hershborn sculpture gallery. he went to sit down on a bench but i thought it better it go for the concrete wall since it was a cold and windy day ( i got to see snow for the first time in four years) so we sat and talked a bit. then he looked at me and asked if i wanted my gift. silly really since it was his birthday the next day and not mine, but I'm a girl I'm all for gifts...esp ones if been waiting days for cause I've been told its lurking around.

so i was told to close my eyes, and when i was allowed to open them there was Daniel on one knee with a beautiful engagement ring. he asked if i would marry him at which point i immediately started to cry and shake my head up and down unable to form a word. i was told later i said i will. we took some pictures and i cried some more.

afterwards, we went over the American history museum. which was fun. we got to see the flag that inspired the star spangled banner, Oscar the grouch, Kermit the frog, beautiful old cars, and Lincoln. then we kinda got kicked out. closing time. it was unfortunately the only museum we hit. next time we have to plan to be in dc longer and get up earlier and be less sick. but nothing will change how great that day was.

we started to head back to the metro. i called my parents and let them know. they already knew, Daniel had asked my dad for permission. ^_^ my mom asked me what i said. i told her i wasn't called to tell her i said no. then we hopped on the metro with everyone else heading home from work. the fun. made it back to my brother's place. him and his girlfriend took us to Wok and Roll in Chinatown to celebrate. pretty good food. my fortune cookie said "your newest venture will be a success"

so needless to say I've been running on a high for the past couple of weeks. constantly admiring my ring. getting use to saying fiance and not boyfriend. enjoying being upgraded. and marveling at the man who will be my husband. and trying to figure out how to be the best wife.


next part of the trip was maryland and family. but i'll save that for the next post.

0 comments: